Monday, August 31, 2009

He is the head.

psalm 95:1-7 . . . oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise! for the Lord is a GREAT God, and a GREAT King above all gods. in His hands are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are His also. the sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land. oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! for He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.

how great is our God?

so great that in His hands are the depths of the earth and the heights of the mountains.
so great that the sea is His, and His hands formed dry land.

"i am willing yet am so afraid. You give me strength when I say, i wanna be your hands, i wanna be your feet. i'll go where You send me" -newsboys

"take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love. take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee." -frances r. havergal


i've never been in a place where obedience is so difficult. so NOT in me. i've never been at a place so needy. there is NO good thing in me.

psalm 51:1-17 . . . have mercy on me, o God, according to Your steadfast love; according to Your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! for i know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. against you, you only, have i sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in Your judgment. behold, i was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. behold, You delight in truth in the inward being, and You teach me wisdom in the secret heart. purge me with hyssop, and i shall be clean; wash me, and i shall be whiter than snow. let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that You have broken rejoice. hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. create in me a clean heart, o God, and renew a right spirit within me. cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. then i will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will return to You. deliver me from bloodguiltiness, o God, God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of Your righteousness. o Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise. for You will not delight in sacrifice, or i would give it; You will not be pleased with a burnt offering. the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, o God, You will not despise.

that's my prayer. open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise. it is not even in me to open my lips.

psalm 53:3 . . . they have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

i know i've mentioned "White As Snow" by Jon Foreman to you before. It's a direct take from Psalm 51. Beautiful song, but of course, that is because God essentially wrote the lyrics!

Though we are not good, and there is no good in us - Christ is in us. and He is good. People who are dead, are not good. People who are alive, are not good. Christ is good, and He makes us alive! Oh to be alive! It's all because of Jesus i'm alive! Hallelujah!

God continues to enable you to be a true encourager. We SHOULD shutter when we open our hearts to hear what Christ wants of us, what He wants us to do...to not do....to say....to not say....He always has an answer. Because what He wants for us, really is so much greater than we ever strive for. We are to be fearful of this holy and awesome God, but He is also our very Father. and He loves us in a way that will never be broken, but can only remain perfectly fused forever.

ooohemily said...

yeah, i was actually thinking of that song when i wrote this post. and yeah, God is a great author.

thanks for the encouragement, as always, bud [the taste kind].