Saturday, March 27, 2010

conversation.

psalm 34:1-3 . . . i will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. my soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!

together.
let us exalt His name together.

conversation is interesting.

i mentioned something in conversation two days ago, "my mom is really good at keeping conversation focused on truth." i hadn't realized that about my mom until it came out of my mouth. and i hadn't realized until i thought about it how much conversation ISN'T focused. i've some some incredible Christian influences in my life. even on the road, there are 12 other relationships with Christ. 12 other perspectives, backgrounds, and faiths. oh, what could i learn from focused conversation? how could i encourage? how can i be challenged?

i want to be good at focusing conversation on truth. i want to be good at challenging others to think. i want to be able to share my heart, be open about my relationship with the Lord.

these are all things i really need to grow in.

1 comments:

M said...

so maybe your conversations aren't always -focused- on truth, but you always bring them back to truth. when we talk, i always feel like both of us know more clearly what is truth and what is just fleeting feeling. i love and miss talking with you all the time. but we've had such good conversations over the past two months (wow, it's really been that long?).

i can't wait to see you in two days!!