Thursday, March 18, 2010

You are my joy.

i'm broken tonight.

it's amazing to me how one little comment can change the plans of your whole evening. how one sentance can cause your heart to bask in His grace for hours.

i'm not who i want to be. and that's brilliant.

God's grace, alive in me tonight has again saved me. as i'm sitting here counting the grey dots, He reminds me that i'm special. He reminds me that HE made me.

He makes all things glorious.
in the words of David crowder, what does that make me?

maybe those grey dots will stop sticking.


1 john 4:18 . . . there is no fear in Love, but perfect Love casts out [all] fear.

God is Love.
God is that perfect love.
He casts out all fear.


as i was working tonight. a song came on, brought me to tears. covered my body in chills. it was the truth i needed from Christ tonight.

how He loves -- david crowder
He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, i am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. when all of a sudden, i am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are, and how great Your affections are for me.

and oh, how He loves us oh
oh how He loves us,
how He loves us all.

and we are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, if His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking. and heaven meets earth like an sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, i don’t have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way that He loves us.

---

i'm thankful for great worship music still existing.
i'm remembering the faithfulness that He has given in past times of need.
i'm needing words of encouragement.
i'm wanting clarity.

i'm resting.
resting in this ocean of grace.
resting, even as i'm sinking.


Jesus, thanks for being my best friend.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

the lyrics in How He Loves reminds me of the lyrics in Kiss the River (i believe i gave that to you?), similar and wonderfully weaved themes. or should i say "waved" :)

M said...

this goes so well with what we talked about this morning in ladies meeting.... we don't believe that God loves us as much as He really does. even her imagery is the same as the song.... H doesn't christen us with His love, His love is the ocean and he drowns us in it. and i love this song.
so glad even from so many miles away God is showing us the same things.
i love you!