Tuesday, March 23, 2010

my prayers for you.

one of the most important things i've learned being on tour is to pray for the people around you. this team is nothing like i expected. the "unity" is lacking, or at least, i'm not a part of it. my fault? possibly. but i continue to pray.

missy, my current mentor, has encouraged me repeatedly when i'm struggling with team members, "let's pray." and we do. or her advice, "pray for them." and i do.

this morning, it hit me. paul's prayer in phillippians 1 is my heart! i've been praying this prayer for those i'm struggling with, that i may begin to see them through the eyes of Christ.

philippians 1:3-11 . . . i thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. and i am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. it is right for me to feel this way about you all, because i hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. for God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. and it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

it's the truth. i am thanking God for these people. for the struggles. for who God made them to be. for the work He is doing. i do pray with joy, because the Lord is changing my heart. and because these are my brothers and sisters, fellow children of the Living God. i KNOW the work He has begun, and i'm watching it play out. it's beautiful. i have to constantly remind myself that we are ALL partakers of grace. when my flesh takes ahold, and i'm hurt, worried, angry, i realize again and again the grace that i am under, begin to take of those judgmental eyes and realize the grace we're ALL under. "you are all partakers of grace with me." i pray i don't forget that His grace is enough for all. lastly my prayer is that we will all abound in love, more and more. not so things are more fun. not so that things are easier. but so that we may be pure and blameless on the day of Jesus Christ. filled with the fruit of righteousness. glory and praise to God.

i'm still so needy. i can't keep loving on my own. but praying for my heart to change is all i can do currently. praise God for being a good God who IS at work.

blessed be the Name of the Lord,
blessed be His glorious Name!

today, may MY heart abound with more love than yesterday.
may be scales fall from MY eyes.
may i humble myself before everyone around me.

Jesus, make me more like You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I don't even know what to say...You are very unique! I love reading your blog, this one is over the top. Not having complete unity comes with the profession, trust me I know. I used to travel all the time for work...and I don't think I ever had complete unity. It is not your fault. Please don't blame it on yourself. Everyone just "lives" differently. Until we talk again.

ooohemily said...

ha. thanks, "tuffnuff88," though, i must admit, i don't know who you are.