Friday, February 12, 2010

the repeated challenge.

matthew 10:26-27 . . . so have no fear of them, for nothing that is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. what I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.

matthew 10:39 . . . whoever finds His life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

i'm one of those people who continues to want to do more. i'll never be in a place of satisfaction. i'm thankful, now, that the Lord has created me this way. because now, instead of having the desire to perfect myself, i have a desire to try harder to further His kingdom. in Him, my joy is complete.

----

went to Lakewood's youngadults group last night. you know, joel osteen's church. great group. i was really encouraged by their desire to reach out. as well as their desire for personal growth, even within a huge body. they pound you with getting involved in a small group, that's great.

the message was on submission. truly submitting in all relationships, and what that looks like.

ephesians 5:21 . . . submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

submitting is giving up your "rights," is what was explained. your right to attention, care, words of affirmation, you know, all the things you expect from others. we were encouraged to go into a room thinking about how we can give, truly serve, instead of how we can receive and benefit from those around us.

this is the way Christ lived.
therefore, it's my prayer that He will continue to sanctify my heart and place for me on the front of my mind a how-t0-serve attitude.

----

He blesses.
what a mighty God we serve.

0 comments: