Sunday, February 21, 2010

dichotomy.

i'm distracted.
i'm frustrated.
i'm confused.
i'm questioning.

i've found myself to be very judgmental. more so than i've ever been. i see the things you do as a ploy for attention. i see your shoulder shrug as a defense mechanism. i see your friendliness as artificial.
i see myself.

i'm being stretched.
i'm challenged.
i'm encouraged.
i'm amazed.

it's brilliant to see Your hand. it's comforting to be in need. i love because You do.
i see You.

--

yeah, i'm struggling. but it's brilliantly joyful. there is a Friend who sticks closer than a brother. truth.

psalm 5:7-8 . . . but i, through the abundance of Your steadfast love, will enter Your house. i will bow down toward Your holy temple in fear of You. lead me, o Lord, in Your righteousness . . . make Your way straight before me.

through the abundance of YOUR steadfast love...make YOUR way straight before me.

there is nothing good in me. only in You.
there is nothing good in my plan. only in You.
there is nothing good in my heart. only in You.

by Your grace, Jesus, beautiful Jesus, change me.

--

matthew 13:23 . . . as for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. he indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.

"when the harvest time is over and i still see no fruit, i will wait for You."

--

psalm 6:2-4 . . . be gracious to me, o Lord, for i am languishing; heal me, o Lord, for my bones are troubled. my soul also is greatly troubled. but You, o Lord—how long? turn, o Lord, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love.

--

i miss the right questions.
listening ears.
challenging words.

for the first time in my life, as i try to figure people out, i can't. i can't even figure myself out. that's where i'm thankful for an all-knowing Savior who cradles me.

--

i feel bi-polar right now.
crazy ups and downs.
i'm a girl.
and today, that bothers me.


dichotomy.
division into two mutually exclusive, opposed, or contradictory groups: a dichotomy between thought and action.

it's been a defining word for me for a long time.
instead, You define me.

John 1:12 - i am a child of God.

John 15:15 - i am Christ's friend.

John 15:16 - i am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit.

Acts 1:8 - i am a personal witness of Christ for Christ.

Romans 3:24 - i have been justified and redeemed.

Romans 6:1-6 - i died with Christ and died to the power of sin's rule in my life.

Romans 6:7 - i have been freed from sin's power over me.

Romans 6:18 - i am a slave of righteousness.

Romans 8:1 - i am forever free from condemnation.

Romans 8:17 - i am an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ.

Romans 11:16 - i am holy.

Romans 15:7 - Christ has accepted me.

1 Corinthians 1:2 - i have been sanctified.

1 Corinthians 1:30 - i have been placed in Christ by God's doing; Christ is now my wisdom from God, my righteousness, my sanctification, and my redemption.

1 Corinthians 2:12 - i have received the Spirit of God into my life that I might know the things freely given to me by God.

1 Corinthians 2:16 - i have been given the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19 - i am a temple of God; His Spirit [life] dwells in me.

1 Corinthians 6:17 - i am joined to the Lord and am one spirit with Him.

1 Corinthians 6:19,20 - i have been bought with a price; I am not my own; I belong to God.

2 Corinthians 2:14 - He always leads me in His triumph in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:14,15 - since I have died, i no longer live for myself, but for Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - i am a new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 - i am the righteousness of God in Christ.

Galatians 2:20 - i have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I am now living is Christ's life.

Ephesians 1:3 - i am blessed with every spiritual blessing.

Ephesians 1:4 - i was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blame before Him.

Ephesians 1:7,8 - i have been redeemed and forgiven, and am a recipient of His lavish grace.

Ephesians 2:10 - i am God's workmanship, created in Christ to do His work that He planned beforehand that I should do.

Ephesians 2:13 - i have been brought near to God.

Ephesians 2:18 - i have direct access to God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 3:12 - i may approach God with boldness and confidence.

Ephesians 4:24 - i am righteous and holy.

Philippians 4:7 - His peace guards my heart and my mind.

Philippians 4:19 - God will supply all my needs.

Colossians 1:13 - i have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 - i have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. The debt against me has been canceled.

Colossians 1:27 - Christ Himself is in me.

Colossians 2:10 - i have been made complete in Christ.

Colossians 2:12,13 - i have been buried, raised, and made alive with Christ, and totally forgiven.

Colossians 3:4 - Christ is now my life.

Colossians 3:12 - i am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved.

2 Timothy 1:7 - i have been given a spirit of power, love, and discipline.

2 Timothy 1:9 - i have been saved and called according to God's purpose and grace.

1 Peter 2:9,10 - i am a part of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of God's own possession.

1 Peter 2:11 - i am an alien and stranger to this world that I temporarily live in.

2 Peter 1:4 - i have been given God's precious and magnificent promises by which I am a partaker of the divine nature.

1 John 4:15 - God is in me and I am in God.

--

i'll repeat over and over.

galatians 2:20 . . . i have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer i who live, but Christ who lives in me. and the life i now live in the flesh i live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
colossians 3:4 . . . when Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
colossians 2:10 . . . and you have been given fullness in Christ, Who is the head over every power and authority.

2 comments:

M said...

ah yes.... so thankful for this list... i'm going to effectively utilize copy and paste....
here's one i didn't see on there...
John 16:33 I have peace because He has overcome the world!

i love you. and i'm glad we've re-figured out how to effectively utilize telecommunications.

ooohemily said...

amen sister.