Sunday, April 22, 2012

never once.

"never once did we ever walk alone

scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say, 'never once did we ever walk alone. carried by Your constant grace. held within Your perfect peace. never once, no, we never walk alone.

every step we are breathing in Your grace. evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise. You are faithful, God.'" -matt redman, never once

2 corinthians 12:9-10 . . . "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." therefore i will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. for the sake of Christ, then, i am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. for when i am weak, then i am strong.

2 corinthians 4:16-18 . . . so we do not lose heart. though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. for this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not onto the things that are seen, but to the things that are unseen. for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

1 john 4:9-10, 16-18 . . . in this, the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him. in this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. so we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. by this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as He is so also are we in this world. there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

ephesians 3:14-21 . . . for this reason i bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

God's work in my life right now is hard. it's real, but it's harder than ever. and the fruit is more joy. the fruit is stronger faith. the fruit is better relationships.

if God is for me, who can be against me? every moment i look back on, Christ Jesus's grace has been faithful. my Heavenly Father has been faithful. the Holy Spirit is faithful. at work. even now, in this dark cloud, this struggle, this hurt, this fear, this pain, God is good. working all things for our good. and drawing us closer to Him. closer to each other.

i'm pleased to be in a place where i need Him, despite any pain i may bear. i serve a faithful God.

--

I once was lost in darkest night Yet thought I knew the way The sin that promised joy and life Had led me to the grave I had no hope that You would own A rebel to Your will And if You had not loved me first I would refuse You still

But as I ran my hell-bound race Indifferent to the cost You looked upon my helpless state And led me to the cross And I beheld God’s love displayed You suffered in my place You bore the wrath reserved for me Now all I know is grace

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone And live so all might see The strength to follow Your commands Could never come from me Oh Father, use my ransomed life In any way You choose And let my song forever be My only boast is You

-Sovereign Grace Music, All I have is Christ

--

i can't even imagine trying to do life on my own.

0 comments: