Tuesday, April 13, 2010

well well well.

i haven't written in over a week. and i'm talking about more than blogging. i haven't done my thing, where i write pages and pages daily. there's something i want to write about, but i don't even know where to begin. i'm still speechless. wordless.

i'm engaged. surprise surprise! maybe not to you, but to me. it's a dream that is coming true, a dream i had completely given up on. it's incredible how the Lord works that way.

it's left me in awe. as i said, speechless. wordless. i want to tell you my heart, i want to explain to you my feelings, my excitement, the blessing of God's amazing grace which i'm experiencing. but i don't know where to start.

the story? it's short. simple. better than anything i could have imagined. it's crazy how it began, years and years ago. then nine days ago, began again. a new story. a new adventure.

i am marrying jack. high school sweetheart. the kid i met who i thought was too cool to be friends with me. the one who took me to senior prom. the one who i fell in love with while we were broken up. the one who walked through illness with me. the one who remained my friend when i broke his heart. the one who prayed with me through depression and attempted suicide. we're getting married.

under a tree in the middle of my city, he knelt down on one knee and said, "i am in love with you. i want to fight for you for the rest of my life if you say yes. will you marry me?" my dream moment, months before i was expecting it, but not too early, exactly what i needed that easter weekend.

my prayer was that the Lord would make it clear. that if jack was the one who could love me as Christ loves the church, that He would prove it.

boy, did he.

"i want to fight for you, for the rest of my life." does that boy know what i need, or what?

all the little things. like buying me real diamonds when i didn't want them, just to show me how much i mean to him, despite cost. like refusing to call me by name. the past year i've been praying for a man. someone to sweep me off my feet. to surprise me, prove to me, fight me, fight FOR me, and do things his way, in God's timing. God answered my prayers far beyond what i could have asked for or imagined.

since i was 14 years old i have been praying for, writing to, an imagining my husband. i've been planning my wedding day, asking the Lord to prepare me to be a wife. asking Him to write me a beautiful love story.

there is none more beautiful, more fitting for me, and for jack.

i'm in love. i fell in love almost 3 years ago. and the dreams the Lord called me to surrender to Him are now coming true.

the blessings in this life are beautiful. the blessing of love, of living life alongside someone else, BEAUTIFUL.

what's more beautiful?

the picture which this love represents. the greatest blessing in this life here on earth: salvation. the love which the Lord God, the Holy Spirit, the Son Christ Jesus, the HOLY TRINITY has for all of those who believe. the grace which allows us to live by faith, under no law, no condemnation, but FREEDOM.

Christ died on my behalf. on your behalf. and there is no greater love.

i'm excited about the adventure Jack and i are jumping into. this adventure to continue to learn how to love one another with the sacrificial love that Jesus Christ has shown us.

join me in prayer?

Beautiful One, i love You!

0 comments: