Monday, November 2, 2009

the rainbow in my hands.

it's cold. quite brisk. the hot chocolate and watered-down-coffee combination in my cup makes me smile. there's something acoustic playing in the background. i feel the color in my hands. i'm alone. so alone. so content. close your eyes. can you see it?

it's a rainbow.

what inspires you? what makes you want to be who you're going to be?
who inspires you?

nobody told me i couldn't be what i want to be. except me.

sitting there in that spinning chair
fa la la's in my ear
it's not the challenge, it's the fear.

he wants to feel to bomb drop, the earth stop.

don't let the earth stop.
you, stop.

Jesus is creative.
He inspires me.


why do i think of so many different things that will get me where i want to be?
why can't i simply focus on where He has me. growing me. changing me. preparing me.
using me.

i spilled that drink all over myself.
i washed the rainbow down the drain.
i turned the heat on.

things change. so simply.







"we can build through this destruction." -gavin degraw
...feeling like a disaster.

1 comments:

Gabriel said...

reading it from start to finish really works for this. it connects well. i like.

er. facebook pirate version:

this be pleasin' to me eye.