Monday, February 11, 2008

praise//worship.

saturday night a few things hit me. the most imposing, i have to share.

i adore singing praise to my Lord. there is NOTHING that compares to it in my eyes. practicing my eternity, here on earth. because my God is God. and i'm learning what that means.

on saturday night, we had a "worship night" at church for the youth. i took a break from singing. . .so i felt more like a participant than a leader. it was -so- refreshing. without having to hold a mic. . .i could just let loose. sometimes i really just feel i should be in a way charismatic church. . .because when i worship, the Spirit takes hold. . .and i go wack. (: its not quite the same always for the people around me. . .but hey, everyone's worship is different, just as everyone's relationship is different. but it hit me saturday. worshiping through praise and song with the people i love most is a joy to which nothing besides the Lord Himself compares.

having a couple of the people i love most in the room with me as the Spirit was obviously present was -such- a blessing. my brother. my jack. it's something that the Lord calls us to do, together, for His glory, and i just. . .now understand how it glorifies Him. the joy He brings through it is -so- significant it's kept a smile on my face all weekend.

i made a lot of realizations this weekend. my Lord is a King of blessings. it's so humbling to me. because He continues to give. i'm so broken. i'm so lost. i'm so weak. i'm such a sinner. yet His grace is enough. and as i pray that He will glorify Himself in me...through all i do, all i say, every person i interact with...He does it!

what a mighty God we serve.
angels bow before Him.
heaven and earth adore Him.
what a MIGHTY GOD we serve.



psalm47:6: Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.

2 comments:

tessa noelle. said...

true that.

& i love you too.

Annagail said...

Please just picture this: we as humans singing to the most high God, and THEN, Him singing back. This makes me happy =]

By the way, Hey! haha I saw your facebook note and decided to start my own blog.

=]