Tuesday, July 7, 2009

kenya.

*sigh*

it's finally hit me. i leave the country, actually, tomorrow.

flying from the atlanta airport to accra, ghana. from ghana to nairobi. children's home. karima. nairobi. dubai. back to atlanta in time for church sunday july 19. (:

i am beyond words excited. therefore, i don't have many words.

i'm so thankful. so blessed. this is finally happening.

guys, the Lord truly does give your heart desires. then, He gives you the desires of your heart. always be patient. i've waited 5 years for this one, and i'm so pleased that -now- is when i'm going. now is the perfect time, it's cool how His perfect plan is...perfect like this.

i met my team earlier this evening. about half of them. there are a couple younger girls, which of course thrills me. it's cool how the Lord is providing places for me to serve even before i leave, even those on my team. and of course i can serve anyone, but reaching out to those younger girls is where my heart is, and a gift the Lord has given me. i'm thrilled to use it. there are also a few married couples, who seem incredible. and some other individuals like myself. this is an adventure, in which i'm about to depart. really, about to.

------------------------------

i'm really glad i have you, my friends. i was thinking tonight about how much i'll miss you. miss my community here at home. that's a blessing. there have certainly been times in my life where i was just ready to leave, and i am, but tomorrow, i know what i'm leaving. and it makes me thankful [not sad]. thankful for the love, support, friendship, accountability, and encouragement which the Lord has provided in the past year.

those who read this, i hope you know how much you mean to me. i know i fail often, but i want to show you nothing less than the love the Lord pours into me. i want to be "nothing more than God's servant, and nothing less than His child." thanks for encouraging me to grow, and serve.

so, like i mentioned earlier tonight...this is practice. 10 days, not a big deal, but preparing my heart for the chicago calling. of course, nothing is set in stone, but it's another adventure. another desire, placed in my heart by my loving Father, and if fulfilled, His glory alone.

------------------------------

well, i thought i didn't have a lot of words. and i could certainly have a lot more, but i'll close here.

please pray for me. my heart. my health. my head.
thanks.

3 comments:

tessa noelle. said...

im so glad i have you. and im so excited for your adventure. God will use you in a way you never could have imagined. and He has been using you as you sit here next to me night after night. and im excited to be a part of all your adventures to come that will of course involve serving others for the Lord. we share that great passion. and im so thrilled to be a part of your life, even if i cant share every adventure with you. praying for you. and i love you.

M said...

God has given you the desires of your heart [or at least this one] so trust that He will allow you to fully experience it. i will be praying that you will be healthy so you will be completely distracted from seeing His work. i really hope you get to see some amazing and life-changing things [and i know you will].
i love you.

Anonymous said...

ill take the head prayers part. sign me up.

but seriously. love you and i am so encouraged by you. im beyond excited/slightly jealous, but i know my time will come again to go out to other nations with His love.

im praying. thank you for your prayers too.